Mang Eddie's Charter
- Mr. Eddie Cacho with his 28 kilogram
- or 61.60 lbs Giant Trevally
- Fishing charters are available at Bolinao, Pangasinan
through Mr. Eddie Cacho, the best fishing guide in the area.
- Big game fishing (trolling) and bottom
fishing is available.
Mr. Cacho is familiar with known wreck spots.
- Game fish available in the area depending on
the season are Sailfish, Giant Trevally (Talakitok), Wahoo, Narrow-barred
Mackerel (Tanguigue), Dolphinfish (Dorado)
- The boat owned by Mr. Cacho is a 8 meter (24
boat known as a "banca" which has outriggers on both sides of the boat and
powered by a two-stroke 16 horsepower single engine.
- The boat is about two and a half feet wide and can
accommodate two passengers only.
- It has no roof or shade whatsoever and only a slab of wood
is used as a chair.
- I recommend bringing your own meals (you are expected to
provide the meal for the fishing guide), life vest, umbrella or full length clothing for
protection against the elements (long-sleeve t-shirt with hood & water-proof jacket or
poncho), portable urinal, portable seats not more than 2 & 1/2 feet wide and an
- I would also recommend bringing a hands-free radio
transmitter because it is nearly impossible to communicate with the bangkero while the
engine is running.
- Mr. Cacho is fluent only in the Filipino language and an
interpreter is needed for a foreign visitor.
- Two rod holders and two gaffs are provided by Mr. Eddie
- Mr. Eddie Cacho comes highly recommended by me and other
Sportsfisherman from Manila.
- Please reserve and check weather & water conditions with
Mr. Cacho at least two days before and the night before your scheduled trip to avoid
unscheduled cancellation of fishing trips due to bad weather.
Do you need more information about
Sportfishing in the Philippines?
- Call 1-800-ASK-KEEN
my extension is: 067559
- (For US & Canadian residents only, Charges